The MISSION of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Schools Trust (SEPaST) is to provide high quality health, wellness, and related programs on a cost effective basis.
SEPaST operates to carry out the purpose of the Pennsylvania Intergovernmental Cooperation Act by providing a vehicle for Pennsylvania School Local Governmental Units to purchase employee benefits. The Trust qualifies as a tax-exempt trust performing the essential governmental function within the meaning of Section 115 of the Internal Revenue Code and its regulations.
The Trust serves an avenue for the purchase of employee benefits, such as (but not limited to): medical and hospitalization, prescription drug, dental, vision, wellness, and life insurance benefits.
Why Join SEPaST?
- Each member maintains the flexibility to create a unique plan design that best meets the local needs of the member entity, while benefiting from the collaborative purchasing power of a Trust.
- Members have the flexibility to add valuable supplemental benefit options and services to their individual plan designs.
- Members have access to a selection of wellness options to support a healthier workforce and reduce overall claim costs.
- Strategic partnerships are maintained with service providers that provide participants with high quality services, an expansive network coverage area, and reduced costs to members.
- Members can take advantage of savings programs offered by our service partners, including discounts on health & wellness products, as well as, entertainment, travel, and family oriented events.
- Educational opportunities are made available to Trust members to address current events and to provide professional development training.
- Access to user friendly standard communications that help administrators and employees understand what is being offered, how their plan is performing, and how industry activities and trends affect healthcare costs.